Israel to seize more Gaza territory
Digest more
Top News
Impacts
Reuters |
Gaza's health ministry reported at least 97 people killed in Israeli strikes in the past 24 hours, including at least 20 killed in an airstrike around dawn in Shejaia, a suburb of Gaza City in the no...
BBC |
19 Palestinians, including nine children, were killed in an air strike on a UN clinic-turned-shelter in the northern town of Jabalia, a local hospital said.
Read more on News Digest
The Israeli military has been pressing ahead with plans to create a new corridor across the southern part of the Gaza Strip. It has been intensifying its attacks against Hamas.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel’s military is “switching gears” in Gaza, dividing and seizing more parts of the strip, a move experts say could mean Israel establishing deeper, more long-term control over the territory.
The Israeli military has indicated it could soon launch another major offensive in Rafah and ordered most of the southernmost city in the Gaza Strip evacuated.
It is the biggest such order since Israel resumed its offensive in the Palestinian territory earlier this month.
2h
The National on MSNIsrael's planned 'Morag corridor' threatens vital food source for GazaGaza Israel's plan for its military to create a new line of control across southern Gaza, known as the Morag corridor, would not only cut off access to two of the Palestinian territory's three main crossing points for people and goods,
Palestinians displaced from Rafah on Thursday voiced their despair over Israel's announcement that it would cut the city off from the rest of the Strip, by establishing a new security corridor to pressure Hamas.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz announced Wednesday a major expansion of the military’s operation in Gaza involving the seizure of large areas of land that would be “incorporated into Israel’s security zones.
DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israel’s military on Monday issued sweeping evacuation orders covering Rafah and nearby areas, indicating it could soon launch another major ground operation in the Gaza Strip’s southernmost city.
Aid agencies say the workers were killed and buried in a mass grave in Rafah in southern Gaza. Residents described being shot at along the evacuation route.